Establishment Pelton Community Primary School
- Ouston Lane, Pelton, Chester le Street, County Durham, DH2 1EZ
- County Durham (840)
- Headteacher / Principal
- Mrs Karen Telfer
- Age range Help with age range field Opens a dialog
- 2 to 11
- Phase of education
- School type
- Community school
- Gender of entry
DfE number: 840/2005
- Establishment status
- Open, but proposed to close
- Admissions policy
- Not applicable
- Ofsted rating
(Last inspection: 23 January 2019)
Ofsted report (opens in new tab)
- Data from other services
- Religious character
- Does not apply
- Not applicable
- No boarders
- Nursery provision
- Has Nursery Classes
- Official sixth form
- Does not have a sixth form
- School capacity Help with school capacity field Opens a dialog
- Number of pupils
- Open date
- 1 September 2003
- Reason establishment opened
- Result of Amalgamation
- Closed date
- 31 December 2023
- Reason establishment closed
- Academy Converter
- Special classes
- Not applicable
- Number of pupils eligible for free school meals Help with number of pupils eligible for free school meals field Opens a dialog
- Percentage of children eligible for free school meals Help with percentage of children eligible for free school meals field Opens a dialog
- Date last changed / confirmed
- 12 September 2023
- Type of SEN provision
- Type of resourced provision
- Not recorded
- Resourced provision number on roll
- Resourced provision capacity
- Special Educational Needs (SEN) unit number on roll
- Special Educational Needs (SEN) unit capacity
Legal duty to provide governance information
All maintained school governing bodies and academy trusts have a legal duty to provide all of the governance information requested on this page in so far as it is available to them.
This will increase the transparency of governance arrangements. It will enable schools and the department to identify more quickly and accurately individuals who are involved in governance, and who govern in more than one context.
The information requested says nothing in itself about a person's suitability to govern. However, it is essential information for the department to be able to uniquely identify an individual and in a small number of cases conduct checks to confirm their suitability for this important and influential role.
You should provide all of the information requested insofar as it is available to you. A minimum set of information needs to be provided before a record can be saved.
A suggested privacy notice for schools is available for download: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/data-protection-and-privacy-privacy-notices (opens in new tab)
Chair of governors
|Wendy Guile||Appointed by GB/board||18 March 2021||17 March 2025|
|Heleb Faulds||Parent appointed by GB/board due to no election candidates||26 November 2021||25 November 2025|
|Rachel Henry||Elected by school staff||17 May 2021||16 May 2025|
|Judith Russell||Elected by school staff||29 March 2021||28 March 2025|
|Danny Wood||Nominated by LA and appointed by GB||27 November 2020||26 November 2024|
|David Ward||Elected by parents||1 November 2020||31 October 2024|
|Karen Telfer||Ex-officio by virtue of office as headteacher/principal||28 September 2020||Not recorded|
Historic (left within last 12 months)
- Government office region (GOR)
- North East
- Regional schools commissioner (RSC) region
- North of England
- County Durham
- Parliamentary constituency
- North Durham
- Urban/rural description
- (England/Wales) Urban major conurbation
- Government Statistical Service (GSS) local authority code
- Middle super output area (MSOA) Help with middle super output area Opens a dialog
- County Durham 005
- Lower super output area (LSOA) Help with lower super output area Opens a dialog
- County Durham 005B
The age range that the establishment is legally allowed to make provision for.
The number of pupil places the establishment can accommodate.
Free school meals
This field is not editable by establishment users as it is populated by the DfE using the underlying data from the schools, pupils and their characteristics statistical release published each summer. The figures used are the performance table figures which ensures GIAS and the Find and Compare Schools in England service are consistent.
This information is compiled from the data returned by establishments for their establishment's situation on the third Thursday in January, in the spring school census data collection return.
This field shows whether a pupil's family have claimed eligibility for free school meals as reported in the annual spring school census. Pupils or their parents are able to claim free school meals if they receive a qualifying benefit. This field does not show pupils who actually received free school meals but the number of those who are eligible to receive them.
Free school meals
This field shows whether a pupil's family have claimed eligibility for free school meals as reported in the annual spring school census. Pupils or their parents are able to claim free school meals if they receive a qualifying benefit. This field does not show pupils who actually received free school meals but the percentage of those who are eligible to receive them.
Middle super output area (MSOA)
The data presented for the middle super output area (MSOA) is representative of the 2021 census.
Lower super output area (LSOA)
The data presented for the lower super output area (LSOA) is representative of the 2021 census.